Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Night Out !!!




Tonight we were adventurous.. and headed out for dinner. We went to a restaurant called Ali Baba an outdoor eatery. We had shish-kabobs but no they were not horse. The chicken here tastes gamey but the beef tastes just like home. We have been here 2 days and it is getting a little easier. We finally got our Luggage Yeah!!! I do not think I could wear the same thing for 3 weeks... It’s amazing how you can make do with what you packed in your carry on.... I am still suffering from culture shock but Jay is as comfortable as a can be. He on the other hand is having difficulty with which child to select. Tomorrow is Sunday and there is no visitation at the baby house so I am off shopping with some of the other Moms from the baby house. (even in a foreign country I can find shopping) I have been reading their blogs and it is so nice to connect. Jay is going to hang back and read/watch dvd's. Sunday night most of the families are getting together for a potluck.... it will be nice to converse with other folks going through the same process.

Will update on Monday once we know more regarding little guy!!!! Just a hint he is really cute!!!


J & J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Guys! Your adventures remind me a bit of our trip to Mexico!!! Glad to hear you are adjusting and glad to hear you got your luggage...Jen, I see you are still wearing the same clothes from when you left...are we spoiled Americans or what!!!

I can't wait to hear more on Monday about the Little Guy and we will be praying for God to give you direction.

Toni and Cal

Dan and Carolyn said...

So sorry to hear but God has a bigger plan! I am praying! Love ya! Carolyn